Beautiful You Watercolour Calendar
Images can speak volumes, this girl from the Beautiful You stamp set looks like she’s dancing or about to perform a cartwheel on the beach. Just the type of uplifting image to see you through the year on a desk calendar. Also the sentiment is a lovely reminder each day to live life to the fullest.
We made this project in class this month and everyone loved it. The design was cased from Anke Heim in Europe. I purchased the small calendars from Teacher Direct (the link shows an image of 2015 but the description is correct and that’s what I received).
Tips & Tricks
- Card base is Basic Grey cardstock cut at 25.5 x 10.5 cm and scored at 6.5 and 13cm
- Next layers are Basic Grey 12.58cm x 10.5cm, Bermuda Bay 12.2 cm x 9.9 cm and Shimmer White – 11.8 cm x 9.5 cm. Bermuda Bay under calendar measures 9cm x 9.9cm
- I used Archival Black Ink to stamp the girl in the centre of the card and for the sentiment.
- Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray and Pacific Point are the watercolour pencils I used.
- An aqua painter was used to blend and soften the pencil, therefore the girl looks like a watercolour painting .
- For the sky I just dabbed the Aqua Painter on the tip of the pencil to get a small amount of colour.
- Use the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut and detail the sentiment and mount on dimensionals
- Put a brad through the corners to hold the calendar pages in place.
- The layered card front it adhered to the folded section to create the triangular stand.
All this month’s projects used the watercolour pencils, we used either aqua painters or blender pens to get the look of watercolour. This depended on the type of look we were trying to achieve and also the size of the image. It’s easier to do small areas with the blender pen’s finer tip. But for large areas and backgrounds there is more colour variation and it’s quicker with the aqua painter.