Carousel Birthday Card
Another of the February class projects using watercolour pencils this time with the Carousel Birthday stamp set. I was commissioned to make a card for a young girl using pink and this is what I came up with. The design was cased from Holly Stene in America, I changed the colours, added the scalloped circle, background stamping and sequin trim. I love how it came out.
Tips & Tricks
- Card base is Blushing Bride cardstock cut at 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm
- I stamped a lace background from Delicate Details using Blushing Bride at the bottom of the card
- The patterned paper is from Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack cut to 7.5 cm x 10.2 cm
- The vellum has been embossed using the Sparkle Embossing Folder
- I stamped the pony using Archival Black ink and coloured using Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Basic Gray pencils
- I used a blender pen to blend and soften the pencil
- For the sentiment I used Archival Basic Gray ink
- Use the Layering Circles Framelits to cut the circle and scallop circle
- Adhere the Vellum layer with glue under where the pony goes so it will not be seen
- The Blushing Bride Sequin Trim was adhered to the back of the Blushing Bride Scallop Circle using a glue dot. Then dimensionals were used to adhere it to the card.
- Add some Solid Bakers Twine in Blushing Bride to the top of the card and tie in a bow
- Run your bone folder along the length of the sentiment to make it curl 2 different ways then add to the card using dimensionls
This completes the projects made in February classes, view the other 2 projects here, Tasty Trucks , Beautiful You Calendar. I hope you have enjoyed all these projects using the Watercolour pencils, if you would like to order them you will see a Shop Now button on the right hand side of this post, simply follow that to place an order in my Stampin’ Up! shop. To join a class simply follow this link to register for my March classes.