Golden Birthday Card with Cake Soiree
A good friend and fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrator had a big birthday recently. She loves yellow so I made this golden birthday card with Cake Soiree especially for her.
How to make it
- Card base is Daffodil Delight card (item 121680) cut at 14.8 cm x 10.5 cm
- Second layer is Whisper White card (item 106549) cut at 9.9cm x 14.2cm
- I used my Sweet Soiree Decorative Mask (retired) and Shimmery Embossing Paste (item 145645) coloured with a Daffodil Delight reinker (item 119672) to create the sweet background
- The cake was from the Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit (retired)
- I coloured the flowers on the cake using Daffodil Delight Blends (item 144603)
- The vellum leaves are also from the embellishment kit
- Flowers were stamped from the Cake Soiree stamp set (item 145745) using Blushing Bride (item 147100) and Flirty Flamingo ink (item 147052)
- I cut the flowers using the matching Sweet Cake Framelit dies (item 145617)
- I used the same dies for the cake stand
- The numbers came from the embellishment kit
- I coloured the numbers with Daffodil Delight Blends
- I mounted the flowers, cake and stand on dimensionals (item 104430)
This set is one of my favourites and I’m pleased to say it’s still available in the new Annual Catalogue. My inspiration for the card came from Charlet Mallett, I totally love her style but managed to put my own twist on the design. Best of all my friend loved the card – job done!
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your demonstrator! Use the codes provided above to order these items.
If you live in Auckland I’d love for you to join a class, check out what’s on offer here.