I made these really cute and yummy biscuits and served them at card class Wednesday night. Everyone loved them and asked for the recipe so I thought you’d enjoy them too.
Italian Almond Biscuits (makes 30)
2 Tbsp flour
1 ¼ cups caster sugar
2 ¼ cups ground almonds
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Grated rind and juice 1 lemon
2 large egg whites
About ¼ cup icing sugar for dusting
- Stir togetherthe flour, sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon, lemon juice and rind.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks but are not dry. Gently fold the flour and sugar mixture into the egg whites.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the baking tray, allowing room for spreading. Set the tray aside uncovered for 6-8 hours.
- Before baking, dust these amaretti biscuits with a heavy layer of icing sugar.
- Bake at 160C for 20 minutes or until the biscuits begin to brown a little around the edges. Cool on a cake rack. Store in an airtight container. Dust, if wished, with more icing sugar before serving.