Welcome to this blog hop with a lot of demonstrators from around the world… Today I am sharing a card with the Geared Up Garage and Meant To Be bundles!
Be sure to take the time to hop around and enjoy all the inspiration and ideas from everyone. This is my first time joining in, I’d love to read your comments.
Here’s my Valentine for the Guy’s
I love seeing all the gorgeous creative cards around Valentine’s Day but I wanted to create a masculine card that my class members can give to their Valentine or they can use a birthday sentiment if they prefer. I found a great card layout by the very talented Charlet Mallett and changed the colours to suit my idea.
How I made the guy card
- Card base is Smokey Slate 14.7cm x 21cm score at 10.5cm and fold
- Stamp the oil stain stamp on the card base in Smokey Slate Ink
- Centre strip is Basic Grey 14.7cm x 2.8cm with a 14.7cm x 2.5cm strip of DSP from Classic Garage 6″ x 6″ pack adhered to it
- Wrap the ends of the Basic Black Shimmer ribbon around the strip before adhering to the card
- Use the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies to cut the heart from Basic Black card stock
- White emboss the sentiment onto the heart and add the border cut from Basic Grey using the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies
- Adhere in the centre of the card using dimensionals
- The die cut cogs are also from the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies and are cut from the Black Foil sheets that carried over from the Holiday Catalogue
- Cut the die cut cogs in half and use glue dots to stick them, just tucking them underneath the edges of the heart.
Finishing Valentine Touches
- I tied a bow on a key from the Classic Garage Metal Elements with White Bakers Twine the spanner would be cute too
- This was adhered using a glue dot
- On the inside I stamped Happy Valentine’s Day from the Meant To Be stamp set in Smokey Slate
I’ll be giving this one to my partner Brendan on Valentine’s Day, I’m sure he’ll like the mechanical aspects of this card and the sentiment. He does all the maintenance jobs around our house including fixing cars, fencing, gardening and even remodeling our bathrooms! I’m very lucky to have him.
Blog Hop List